Operation Obliviate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based off the Clan from serebii

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
123Fakestreet
Major
Major
123Fakestreet

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Empty
PostSubject: DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)    DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:41 pm

DRAGONSTEEL!

Okay title over...

Introduction

After reading a certain thread about the viability of Haxorus in OU I came across a post made by Tbird which included a set I like a lot. Thus this team was born. I toiled for minutes and minutes to create a team which forms the perfect environment for my favourite two sweepers to work together to take out the opponents team, with a little help from some old friends ofcourse. After doing a few battles with this team I have decided it needs a few tweaks, the idea behind it is good but just a teency bit off with the execution. Which is where I need your help. It is for PO and here are the clauses used...

What Clauses?

Item Clause [X]
Wifi Clause [✓]
Sleep Clause [✓]
Freeze Clause [X]
Species Clause [✓]
Move Tutor Clause [X]
Ubers Clause [✓]
Legends Clause [X]

A quick look
DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_381DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_612_sDRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_121DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_462DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_598DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_184

In Depth

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_184
Azumarill [BgBluga] @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
Evs: 252 hp / 252 attk / 4 sp def
Moves:
-Substitute
-Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall

Ok so Azumarill, underrated, under used and underaprecieted. I love this lil' guy, STAB priority coming from a 400 odd attack stat is good at breaking down sand sweepers like Excadrill and even the odd Volcarona. The EVs provide maximum bulk and power to abuse my priority and high HP stat. Substitute with a base 100 hp stat allows me to obtain 101 hp subs letting me beat S-Tossers. Aqua jet is priority and great for tearing up sand teams. Waterfall is what I use when I'm behind a sub for some extra power, Ice Punch is for dragons and substitute helps ease prediction with the hundreds of switches an aqua jet can cause for a sand team. This guy usually gets 2 kills and I love him for it Smile If anyone has any suggestions for someone else to use here please don't hesitate. Called him Big Beluga just because he is awsome Smile

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_381
Latios [BluHrvst] @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 sp attk / 252 spe / 4 sp def
Moves:
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Surf

Latios is unbelievably powerfull, he also forms the first half of my double dragon combo. His job is one of two things usually; break down opponents dragon counters with a sub on switches or come in later on and clean up after my opponents dragon counters are gone thanks to my other dragon. The EVs are cookie cutter, 252 speed lets me outspeed stuff, 252 sp attack lets me smack stuff really hard :/ Dragon pulse is this sets obligatory STAB, it's reliable and has better coverage than psyshock. Hidden power fire is for wasting steels,surf is for wasting ground types and fire types. Substitute is what makes this set so good at taking down dragon counters, it virtually allows me to ignore any prediction when facing off against an opponent with steel types such as Scizor. I love this guy and he is about as helpful for my team as the real Blue Harvest is with other peoples, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it Wink

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_121
Starmie [Serebii] @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 spe / 252 sp attk / 4 hp
Moves:
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

Life Orb Starmie checks waaaaaaaay too much stuff. It also provides valuable spin support for my team which is why I have nicknamed it serebii becuase without it my team would fall apart. As my two main sweepers really hate hazards such as spikes I decided to include a spinner, also my team is very easy to spike against (Especially for Ferro) which meant I needed Starmie. The EVs are very simple and just allow me to hit as hard and fast as possible, no recovery so no need for Hp EVs and they would lower the offensive nature of the set. Hydro Pump is obligatory STAB and usually my move of choice. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are coverage moves used to take out things hydro pump cannot such as dragons and water types. Rapid spin is there because it removes all the nasty hazards which hinder my team so much. Serebii is very helpful for this team and a very key player, without him it just wouldn't work. Just like Serebii here Smile

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_612_s
Haxorus [Tbird] @ Haban Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 attk / 72 hp / 184 spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Taunt
-Earthquake

This is one of star players of this team and the 2nd members of my double dragon combo. We have all heard of Yache-Chomp right? Well meet Haban-Hax, the idea behind this set is not to obtain one Dragon Dance but two. He does this with his haban berry which allows him to take whatever scarfed dragon that comes ins Outrage and DD in its face. Then outspeeding the next turn and sweeping the opponent. The EVs may seem rather random but 184 speed will give haxorus 606 speed after two dragon dances which is just enough to outspeed Excadrill. Then procede to wreck it up with EQ or outrage. Maximum attack allows me to hit as hard as is physicaly possible, the rest of the EVs go into hp to increase his respectable health. Outrage is the STAB move of choice because the lack of item and adamant nature means the extra power is incredibly helpful. Earthquake was chosen as its only coverage move because with Mold Breaker he can hit levitating steel types. Taunt was chosen to easily get a free boost vs any Skarmory which can jump me upto +2 in a matter of seconds, making him VERY DEADLY!
Credit for this set goes to Tbird which is why he is named that Smile

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_462
Magnezone [Fake] @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 200 hp / 252 sp attk / 56 spe
Moves:
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Charge Beam

This is the second of the deadly Hax-Zone combo. His job is to eat up any haxoruses counters if they rear their ugly heads ealy on and THEN! kill something else, he also ruins skarmory and any other bulky steel type. The one problem I have with him is while he sets up he lets the opponent get his or her entry hazards up which can be problematic if starmie is dead. This would be later on though when the opponent is weak enough for me to clean with priority or Latios. The EVs give me enough speed to outspeed 8 speed Scizor. Maximum special attack to hit really hard and the rest in Hp to bulk up my subs. Substitute and Charge Beam form the "crux" of this set allowing me to set up on choice locked Scizor / Rachi and bulky steel types. I can then murder them while keeping my sub and murder something else with a +? Thunderbolt. Hidden Power [Ice] was chosen over fire for it being a better move for coverage and the simple fact this Magnezone doesn't kill steel types, it sets up on them. I named this one after me because it is my second favourite steel type next to Lucario Smile

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)  Spr_5b_598
Ferrothorn [Ragnarok] @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 Hp / 56 def / 204 sp def
Moves:
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock / Spikes
-Leech Seed

This is my hazards guy, I don't actually know why he is called Ragnarok but it fitted the theme Smile I cannot for the life of me decide which hazard I should use. He provides a second dragon resistance and yet another water, fire, steel, grass and electric resistance. This guy is good but I think there could be a better option out there, discuss. The EVs give me lots of bulk on both sides and also rounding Hp down to avoid the hazard damage since I will be switching in a lot. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are obvious STAB moves and let him hit pretty hard univested. Leech seed gives me somewhat relaible recovery and consistant damage. This guy is the only really defencive pokemon on my team, looking for a possible replacement but I'm not sure yet.

Closing Words
Thank you very much for reading my team, please post any useful comments you have on the team, including you mods who think this could be good. I will consider all criticism but if you are going to criticise me, back it up with reasons and an explanation of how to fix it, otherwise I will most likely ignore it.
Back to top Go down

DRAGONSTEEL! (Gen 5 Wifi with Haxorus)
Page 1 of 1