Operation Obliviate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based off the Clan from serebii

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to ... EV Train (4th Gen)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SOCCER_PRO
Admin
Admin
SOCCER_PRO

How to ... EV Train (4th Gen) Empty
PostSubject: How to ... EV Train (4th Gen)   How to ... EV Train (4th Gen) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 am

How to EV Train (4th Gen)

[size=150]How to EV Train [/size]
(natures, tier and PKRS explanations included)

Natures
Okay now to start from the beginning, Pokemon have natures Wink
Some natures increase some stats while decreasing others.

Nature Table

The table lists all the natures, and what stats are increased and decreased. There are neutral natures, which don’t increase or decrease any stats. For competitive battling, certain pokemon are better having a certain nature. In competitive battling, neutral natures arn’t recommended and also Not Fully Evolved (NFE) Pokemon aren’t recommended either.

Tiers
In competitive play, there are also tiers (ranks, hierarchy). The tiers are as follows: Uber, Over-used (OU), Under-used (UU), Never-used (NU), Borderline (BL), and Not Fully Evolved (NFE). Ubers are banned in competitive play. All others are fine, although the three middle tiers (OU, UU, NU, BL) are the ones you see most of. Here's a link to what pokemon are in what tiers and what base stats each pokemon have.

Pokemon information including tiers, spreads and move pools

This is where things will get a bit complicated. Physical and Special attacks are determined by the symbol the shows up next to the move. Physical moves come up with what looks like a weird star and the box is coloured red. Special looks like rippling water and the box is coloured purple. The reason why I'm telling you this is because some Pokemon have a much better physical attack and some have a better special attack, you can also check this on the link above.

EV’s
Now, each Pokemon can house up to 510 EVs, thats where the ideas of spreads come in. If you’ve ever seen something like this:

6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed

That's what's called a spread. It evens out what stats are going to increases the most, and what stats will be the highest. Every 4 EV’s that go to a stat raise that stat by one, the most you can put in any stat is 255, but that doesn’t go evenly into 4 so to get the most out of the 510 EVs a Pokemon has it’s better to put 252 into any one stat which in affect adds 63 points to the stat. You have enough to put 252EVs into any two stats with 6 left over, remembering that every 4 gives you one stat most people just put into something like HP just to make sure there all used.

That’s the basic jist of EV Training.

There's so many ways in which you can effectively quicken the EV training process basically, which is where things get tricky. PKRS helps in EV training by doubling the amount of Effort points (EP) after an item takes effect. So, battling a Magikarp without the PKRS would give you 1 EP to Speed. With PKRS, that Magikarp will instead give 2 EP to Speed. Now, Macho Brace is an item that doubles EP as well. So battling a Magikarp without PKRS and holding a Macho Brace
will give your pokemon 2 EP to Speed. BUT, with the Macho Brace AND PKRS, you'll get 4 EP to Speed instead. This is because first the item takes effect, then PKRS takes effect. So, first the Macho Brace doubles the 1 EP into 2 EP, then the PKRS takes effect and doubles that again to give you 4 EP. Then, there are items called the Power items, in this example, we'll use the Power Anklet (which helps EV Speed). In replace of the Macho Brace, the Power Anklet - and all other Power items for that matter - add 4 EP to a specific stat. So, that same Magikarp would originally give 1 EP to Speed, with the Power Anklet it now gives 5 EP, and with the PKRS that then becomes 10 EP.

So by using the correct power item along with PKRS being infected into the Pokemon for every 1 Pokemon they gain a whole 10 EP’s in one go.

Another tip when EV training is using drugs. Drugs raise a stat by 10 EP’s each time but you can only do a maximum of 10 drugs per stat. So say I was going to raise someone up in speed, id give them 10 carbos, which would make up 100 EPs right there, and we know that the max I could use in any stat is 252, so all I have to EV train is 152. If I had PKRS and used the correct power item, I would only have to battle 15 pokemon, then take off the power item and verse it once more. So after 10 drugs and versing a specific Pokemom 16 times I would have fully EV’d one stat in any pokemon.

All you have to do is repeat that another time so 252’s go into 2 stats and then verse something 3 times without any power items to use up the remaining 6 EP’s.

PKRS
PKRS is an virus that your Pokemon can pick up. Unlike normal human virus, this virus gives Pokemon a kind of special level up power.
PKRS stays active from arount 24-48hours if the Pokemon is in your Party. The trick is, if the Pokemon is in your PC then the PKRS stays active on the Pokemon.
What happens is to spread PKRS to other pokemon, the ‘virus’ must be active. You can spread it by having the Pokemon with active PKRS in the No.1 spot in your party whilst battling wild Pokemon. This creates a chance for the PKRS to spread to other members in your party. Nothing hard about killing a few Caterpie.

What to do?
Take the pokemon with active PKRS and put it in the No.1 spot in your party. Battle and spread it, taking one Pokemon with active PKRS and placing it into your PC. Now you will never lose the active PKRS and will be able to spread it whenever it is required.
I like to keep at least 3 active PKRS Pokemon. This means when I need a pokemon to have PKRS so i can even train, I just pull them three PKRS infected pokemon out. Put them in spots 1,3 and 5 of my party. I then get the pokemon i want to have the virus and place them into spots 2, 4 and 6 of my party. After that I battle until the PKRS spreads, concluding with me putting those 3 PKRS slaves back into the PC - thus preserving the Active PKRS. Think of the PC as a freezer for Active PKRS.

Active PKRS or PKRS
You can tell when a Pokemon has Active PKRS.Active PKRS It shows that little icon at the top which has PKRS.
If a pokemon has HAD PKRS the effects PKRS gives ALWAYS stays with it. The difference is if its not Active then it can not be spread to other Pokemon. PKRS That smiley face next to the Pokemon states that it has had PKRS and thus the effects of it are within the Pokemon forever.
All the difference is if it can be spread to other Pokemon or not.

EV Training Video
The video link below shows how to EV train, another member here: Serris made this for me many months ago and I now can EV train any given Pokemon in any given stat within 20 minutes.

EV Training Video Part 1

EV Training Video Part 2

I suggest you check out both videos as it carries over to the second one.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://operationobliviate.forumotion.com

How to ... EV Train (4th Gen)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Operation Obliviate :: Team Center :: How To-
Jump to: