Operation Obliviate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based off the Clan from serebii

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ElliotDX
Sergeant
Sergeant
ElliotDX

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W Empty
PostA Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W PokemonNews

I felt the need to inform you about a few important notes about the PokéTransfer feature available in B/W. These notes are especially important for those of you who plan to transfer over the Shiny Beast Trio or Celebi event Pokémon. The PokéTransfer is used to transport Pokemon from the 4th Generation games (Diamond, Pearl, Platnium, HeartGold & SoulSilver) to the 5th Generation games (Black & White).

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W Poketr10

This feature has a few down points. One limiation, though one that might not effect too many, is that any Pokemon with HM moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Defog, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb) will not be allowed to be transfered. There is a way around it if you plan to transfer Pokémon with the move 'Defog' can be transfered from the games set in Johto, while any Pokémon who use 'Whirlpool' can be transfered from the games set in Sinnoh.

Another, and probably much worse limitation, is that no Pokémon that is transfered can have a held item. This means that every Pokémon used in competitive battling will need to regain their item in the new game. This will be a pest to anyone who wants to send over their current competitive teams.

This part is important for those of you who plan to get Zoroark and Zorua by transfering either the Shiny Beast Trio recently distributed by Wi-Fi or the Celebi recently distributed in various methods. These will NOT unlock their respective in-game events if transfered using the PokéTransfer method.

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W Zoroar10

Instead, you should transfer these Pokémon over with another method called the transfer machine. This is the correct way to do it to claim the events. I'm unsure why Nintendo decided to do this, unless they have some evil plan to have Pokémon disappear if not captured within the time limit of the PokéTransfer minigame.

So anyway, I thought these tidbits of information were important and that you should know.

No need to thank me although I'd like it if you did and I'd cry. Sad
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W :: Comments

Re: A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W
Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 pm  Guest
Thanks pal 8D One question though, as for the transfer, is it similar to that of PalPark, where you run around in the corresponding grass and capture them?
ElliotDX
Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm  ElliotDX
RVaL74 wrote:
Thanks pal 8D One question though, as for the transfer, is it similar to that of PalPark, where you run around in the corresponding grass and capture them?

The actual transfer using the PokeTransfer is a minigame where you use a bow that fires Poke balls.
KingOtheStone (Kotsy)
Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm  KingOtheStone (Kotsy)
ElliotDX wrote:
The actual transfer using the PokeTransfer is a minigame where you use a bow that fires Poke balls.

only one thing can be said about that: LAME.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 am  Guest
ElliotDX wrote:
RVaL74 wrote:

Umm, sounds...interesting...

A Post about the 'PokéTransfer' in B/W

Page 1 of 1